Whether you have ever considered working with a Virtual Assistant or not, if you work within a Trade and run your own business, you will have similar goals to most other business people. After all, you are a business person too.
There will be three main things you want out of you business today.
These are to:
- Make money – Why would you have gone into business otherwise?
- Serve your customers well – if you do not look after your customers you will not make any money – right?
- Gain a better work/life balance – Who doesn’t want to get this right?
Using a Virtual Assistant can help you achieve all three of the above.
At the moment, you spend you evenings or weekends dealing with your business admin. Otherwise, you take an admin day maybe once a week to deal with your administrative tasks.
I found an interesting article on the Telegraph website recently, ‘UK small businesses wasting 120 days each year on admin’.
A Virtual Assistant can deal with your time-consuming administrative tasks and help clear your to-do-list.
On average, Tradespeople earn, depending on experience, between £23,000 and £50,000 a year.
Here’s an example of how using a Virtual Assistant can give you the time back to concentrate on giving your customers the best customer experience. You might even gain some more customers, therefore making you more money.
Dave is an experienced electrician he works hard with the customers he has gained over time, but wants to grow his business further and gain more customers. He has worked out that he wastes about 120 days on admin, a year. For him, he works out that he could take almost an extra £20000 a year if he used someone else to complete his admin tasks.
He also knows that he does not want to have to complete his admin on the evenings or weekends. He is a true family man and wants to keep that time for them. His wife completes some of this work for him sometimes, but deep down, he knows she does not enjoy it and only does this out of love. He also realises that she is rather busy herself, what with holding down her job, dealing with their two school age children, looking after the house, so wants to give her back some quality time too.
Dave realises that the admin he has to complete for his business holds him back from achieving his business goals. He just does not have enough hours in a day to deal with his customers, keep his family happy and all of his administrative tasks, from booking appointments, invoicing, answering emails, inputting electrical data into spreadsheets and dealing with certification and defects on NICEIC.
He is thoroughly stressed by this situation. So, he joins a local Networking group where he meets a Virtual Assistant and once he gets chatting to her he learns that she does the exact work he is looking for.
They arrange a meeting where she runs through with him his business goals, finds out exactly what he does, what services he offers his customers.
She explains the benefits of using a Virtual Assistant over employing someone.
- A Virtual Assistant can deal with the time consuming administrative tasks and help to complete his to-do list, to an extremely high standard.
- She explains he can be safe in the knowledge his administrative tasks are in the hands of a professional.
- A Virtual Assistant is only paid for the time used on each task. He is not paying for someone to be present in his business during quiet times.
- Time-tracking software is used which tracks tasks by the minute, so he can see exactly how long was spent on each task.
- VA Packages come in at a fraction of the cost of an employee.
- Does not need to pay Tax, PAYE, Pensions and National Insurance.
- No holidays or sickness to pay.
- Does not need to buy expensive equipment to buy or office overheads to pay, as all work is carried out from a fully equipped remote office.
- No legal responsibilities (tribunals, redundancy etc).
- No training or recruitment costs.
Dave thinks all this sounds great so agrees to work with her. They agree which tasks he wants her to take on. Within weeks he is seeing the results he had been dreaming of and really doesn’t know how he ever survived without her previously.
He is gaining more customers all the time and is starting to see the financial rewards and he is no longer stressing about the level of admin he has to do, he has a happy wife and a happier home life.
I have used the example of an Electrician above however I feel that this could be true of any trades.
Virtual Assistant Services
Virtual Assistants offer many different services, some might offer traditional Personal Assistant services for when you need organisational services. Some might specialise in Social Media and Digital Marketing. Where as others might offer Website design. When looking for a Virtual Assistant see whether they have a website and check the services they offer. This will give you the insight as to whether they would be a good fit for the services you require.
If you would like to see how working with a Virtual Assistant could help you take the stress out of your administrative tasks and how Blue Orchid VA Services might be able to help you achieve your business goals, please click below to book your FREE 30 minute consultation. There really is absolutely no obligation to buy. You have nothing to lose.